Is not to ‘detox’! Work on your minerals and drainage instead…
Forcing toxins out of storage in the body (with things like sauna, intermittent fasting, juice cleanses, or rapid weight loss) can be dangerous, especially if your drainage pathways (how these toxins leave the body) are clogged (which is super common if you’re struggling with fatigue).
Your body is super smart, always working to keep you functioning as well as possible. It’s working to eliminate wastes and toxins daily, so if your body chose to store those toxins instead of eliminate them, there’s gonna be a reason for it.
Our body needs minerals to function and act as cofactors for the enzymes responsible for various detoxification processes in the cells and in the organs of our body.
In depleted fatigued bodies we generally see the body sequesters (holds on to and stores) toxins. That’s because we need good body function; strong liver health, kidneys, adrenals, thyroid etc to be able to properly metabolise and eliminate waste and other toxins.
When the body isn’t strong enough in those areas (not enough energy to do the task), it will prioritise other tasks first and store the toxins until later (often this is in fat tissue but can also be in the liver, brain and other organs).
That’s why I instead encourage my clients to:
- Support your drainage pathways AKA how the wastes and toxins get excreted from your body, and
- Support your cells and organs to function at their best by increasing important minerals needed for the detoxification process.
What exactly is drainage?
For our body’s detoxification to be efficient, and to avoid becoming congested, we need good drainage pathways.
Watch this video for an introduction to drainage or scroll down and click the transcript if you prefer to read.
How do I know if my drainage pathways are clogged?
If you’re answering yes to the following, your drainage pathways need support:
- Are you pooping less than 2-3 times a day?
- Do you have chronic fatigue you can’t explain?
- Do you barely sweat when exercising or in the sauna?
- Do you have rashes, dark spots on your skin, and/or cellulite?
- Do you have swollen glands and lymph?
- Do you have tender breasts?
- Do you have puffy eyes when you wake?
- Do you have fatty yellowish lumps around your eyes?
- Do you have liver or gallbladder pain or congestion (pain around the bottom of the rib cage)?
- Do you have trouble digesting fatty foods?
- Do you wake up between 1-4 am?
- Do you have brain fog?
- Do you retain water easily?
- Do you have mood problems?
- Do you have a suppressed Immune system?
- Do you suffer with low blood sugar, high blood pressure, and/or high cholesterol?
Why you also need to support your cellular energy production with minerals…
Minerals are what we call the spark-plugs to the chemistry of life. They are literally required for life and for our bodies to function well. Yet for whatever reason they often get overlooked.
Watch this video to understand why you want to start working with minerals, or scroll down and click the transcript if you prefer to read.
Can you work on energy & drainage when pregnant or breastfeeding?
Can you detox when pregnant or breastfeeding? No
Can you support minerals and drainage pathways when pregnant or breastfeeding? Hell Yes!!!! You NEED to!
Watch this video for why, or scroll down and click the transcript if you prefer to read.
Are you ready to start your first Energy & Drainage Boost Challenge?
This 30-day challenge gives you the steps to help support your drainage pathways and boost your energy. Click below to join!
I’d love to know – did this resonate with you? What do you feel your biggest energy and drainage concerns are?